Synchrony™ – Dysphagia Solutions
Selecting the right therapy provider for the treatment of Dysphagia is a critical decision to make. Without successful treatment, Dysphagia often requires management interventions such as modified diets or tube feeding. Serious complications include dehydration, malnutrition, higher rate of infection and aspiration pneumonia, as well as increased mortality for those with Dysphagia. It may also compromise quality of life and limit the ability to participate in normal social activities; leading to diminished emotional well-being or depression. Consider our program if you are experiencing difficulty swallowing or Dysphagia as a result from a stroke, brain injury, cancer or neurological diseases such as Parkinson’s and Multiple Sclerosis.
Our specialized treatment program for Dysphagia is supported by leading-edge medical technology and evidence-based protocols, in conjunction with advanced Speech Language Pathologist training.
Omnistim® FX2 “Patterned Electrical Neuromuscular Stimulation” (PENS)
With multiple patients related to Dysphagia, this proprietary e-stim waveform provides effective treatment for muscle weakness and neuromuscular re-education.
- Patented applications for Dysphagia treatment
- Helps improve neuromuscular control required for normal swallowing function
- Addresses muscular disuse atrophy often associated with swallowing dysfunction
- Provides passive “muscle warm-up” to augmenr therapeutic exercise, including OmnisEMG™ system featured below.
- Gentle e-stim waveform is readily tolerated by most patients including again adults.
OmnistimEMG™ Virtual reality Assisted Therapy
Using sEMG biofeedback signals, this unique Virtual reality Assisted System allows Speech Language Pathologist and patients to visualize swallowing activity in “real time” – a world’s first. This important capability helps Speech Language Pathologist evaluate the quality of a swallow to guide therapeutic intervention while monitoring therapy progression. The system also features several game-like, interactive activities shown on a color monitor, which help motivate patients for superior exercise performance and improved outcomes.
- Real-time assessment of treatment effectiveness and progression
- Virtual reality augmented therapy activities engage patients with visual and auditory feedback that helps facilitate swallow behavior changes.
- Virtual reality “immersion” helps motivate patients for increased exercise duration and intensity
- Specialized software captures swallowing data for objective measurement of therapy progression.
- Objective measurement data including time periods and amount of muscle activity exerted
- Objective data may also be used to optimize application of progressive resistance exercise.
Synchrony™ is a Revolutionary, Evidence-Based approach to Dysphagia Treatment
- Safe, non-invasive and medication –free treatment
- Effective treatment protocols and technology based on evidence-based practice
- Advanced virtual reality assisted sEMG biofeedback enables Speech Language Pathologist to evaluate the dynamics of a normal effortful or Mendelsohn swallow in “real-time”
- Virtual reality assisted sEMG biofeedback enables patients to participate in several interactive oral, motor and pharyngeal exercises to enhance motivation and exercise performance.
- Proprietary Patterned Electrical Neuromuscular Stimulation (PENS) helps address muscle weakness and re-establish neuromuscular control, while providing passive muscle strengthen
- Facility Speech Language Pathologist receives advanced training on Dysphagia treatment protocols and related equipment form an ASHA approved CE Provider.
- Programs development by ACP, the Nation’s leading provider in integrated Clinical Programs for Post-acute and chronic care.